From the moment they first laid eyes on each other, they knew they were destined to be soul mates…
In this world
love has no color
yet how deeply
is stained by yours.
I’m revising my ‘diversity and crime’ module at the moment and I find it so frustrating that we only look at LGB and completely exclude the T part of the acronym. Ignoring trans issues is so consistent in every aspect of discrimination protection laws and these big ‘equality’ organizations (I’m side-eyeing you HRC). It’s only in 2010 that gender reassignment is recognized and protected in law, but whether that can be construed as protecting all trans issues is unlikely anyway.
I think generally, I continue to be astounded by minority individuals who are intolerant and prejudiced towards other minorities. Feminists who are racist and transphobic, gay people who are racist and misogynistic, poc who are homophobic etc..
Obviously being a minority doesn’t automatically make you not prejudiced, but I’d hope it make you think a little bit more about covert and subtle prejudice and try a little harder to overcome societal influences.
Anyway, shame on my uni for not including trans issues. Maybe if I’d gone to my lectures he would have mentioned why they don’t include it, if there even is, or could be any appropriate explanation.
There are so many beautiful editions of 1984 that I want.
12 Facts about me!
So some strange little grey face sent me a message asking for 12 facts about me. Given that I have not posted for ages and I suspect no one outside of real life really cares, I believe this may have been my girlfriend trying to be sneaky. Nevertheless, I have taken time out of my arduous routine of checking 1D Larry tumblrs* to bring you this fascinating insight into my life.
- Vintage penguin books make me salivate.
- My childhood memories are directly associated with food. For instance, I remember events because I had a nice ice cream that day, or locations because there is a really good sweet shop nearby but have no memories other than this.
- I like even numbers and multiples of 5. This means that I am uneasy if the volume on something is not on an even number or -5.
- That said, I like to give presents in threes.
- I am really interested in interior design, houses generally and architecture.
- I am a cat person and given time I make all cats I encounter more cuddly and friendly. My cat Joshie came from my gf’s parents and used to be very hissy and sensitive. I was the only one he ever let pick him up. Now he likes to spoon under the covers!
- I’m terrified about my future and don’t know where my motivation and ambition has gone.
- I obsess over m/m pairings. My favourites are Sirius/Remus, Dean/Cas and Harry/Louis (although they’re actually together in real life so I don’t know how much it counts).
- They’re not my favourite books (although I love them dearly) but my most read books would have to be one of the Harry Potter series.
- I read a lot, in terms of words. The equivalent of an average sized book a day. Just only fan fiction of late. I bought the Twits by Roald Dahl today for the nostalgia and the wonderful illustrations.
- Now that I’ve got properly into music lately I have three stages of listening:
1) I am only going to listen to this one song/band over and over for about two weeks, even if I try to listen to something else it feels weird because it’s not it/ them,
2) I skip every single song on my mp3 because nothing feels right and they’re all crap,
3) Wow, why haven’t I listened to this song/band more? They’re amazing. Shuffle is my bff.
- Most importantly, my girlfriend is the most wonderful thing in my life. We’ll have known each other for 11 years in September, been friends for 10, been crushing on/ in love with her for at least 6 years (probably way way longer), and been together for 5 years in November. She is my absolute best friend and she makes me incredibly happy. We are complete idiots together, and spend most of our time cackling madly and trying not to piss ourselves laughing. I complain frequently that I’m going to have so many laughter lines and eye crinkles from her making me smile and laugh so much, but at least they’ll be her wrinkles.
* I have actually had a three hour exam today and had a bit of break because apparently I was going loony (more so than usual) but have been back to revising again so nerg.
True facts about sloths [x]
I’ve created these flyers for a school activist project where I bring more attention to the women in history that have been forgotten or ignored. This blog will be an extension of those flyers where I post longer biographies of these women and other bad-ass women like them. Too often women’s achievements have been pushed aside, either by others in their lives, or else by the historians who choose to ignore them. This tumblr is dedicated to celebrating them and bringing their achievements to light!
“It’s like you’re my mirror / My mirror staring back at me”
this is how we do Gay Marriage law in New Zealand
I’m not even from New Zealand but i love this guy!
Have been listening to Hurts Happiness album on repeat for the past few days. So good man. I like their Exile album too, but not as much.
And my, are those guys dapper. They look so stylish and old school. I think I just want to be Theo Hutchcraft. I may or may not be influenced by the fact that he is probably dating Dita Von Teese. But mostly not.
Ugh. Why can’t I be photogenic like you?
Gillian Anderson is so beautiful
She is the only reason I want to watch Hannibal. I’ve just realized that she is 44 years old and wow does she look amazing for it, but that’s a 23 year age gap. So the age gap is bigger than all of my 21 years of existence. Ho hum. I think I like cougars. I also think I hate the word cougar and all its connotations.
Spice World was a cinematic masterpiece and fuck you for thinking otherwise.